The Elves of Sticks and Stones - Featuring Elf Eve

Meet Eve

​Tell us about yourself.
I have three wonderful kids and the best husband in the world! My husband and I are from Willmar, MN but we have lived in the Mankato area for about 18 years. The kids all graduated from West High School. And now they are all living, playing, studying and working in Denver, CO (and yes, probably in that order!). We spend time in Colorado (love the outdoors), Mankato (love shopping at Sticks & Stones!) and at the lake in Spicer, MN (love everything about the lake).  I personally enjoy anything artsy, craftsy, re-purposing, re-finishing, designing, decorating, and of course shopping. I like to spend my free time
doing all the above, however, my husband guilts me into a workout everyday; usually biking, running or swimming.

Christmas time makes me think of...
​How incredibly blessed I am that Jesus gave his life for little old me!

What is one of your favorite childhood Christmas memories?  
​As kids, we would all pile in the car on Christmas Eve to go look for Santa's sled in the starry night. Funny how he had always been to our place when we got home! Never did see his sleigh, but I still BELIEVE!  

What are you hoping Santa brings you this year?   ​
Good health and continued retirement!  

What is the best gift you have ever given for Christmas?  
​One year we gave the kids a trip to Disney World and we didn't tell them until Christmas Eve – we left Christmas Day! They loved it – so did we.

Do you like to bake anything special for the holidays?  
Oh ya... home made lefse! It's quite a production by the time you make the dough; roll it out very, very thin; grill it; spread it with butter while it's still warm; sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar; and then sit back and savor. It's to die for.

Eve wants to make sure that she and her family have lots of fun this Christmas, and that is why she loves the unique games she can find at Sticks and Stones. Bannana Grams, Farkel, and Zip-It are some great games to give as gifts. They make sure the laughter and conversation keeps going long into the night.  






No comments: